I am loving the word ‘Tablescape’.
'Tablescape' --- An artistic arrangement of articles on a table
--- so precise
Experts agree that the color scheme of a space (in this case the Tablescape) can have a psychological effect on a person.
The 'Tablescape' of a Thanksgiving feast traditionally features greens and browns as Autumn turns into winter.
And guess what? Greens and browns are the colors that can promote a feeling of health and wholesomeness. Certainly the right colors for your Thanksgiving table.
But of course your colors do not have to be limited the the traditional greens and browns.
However we all know that the main ingredient of the Thanksgiving table, or Tablescape, is the food.
image via Pinterest
A Bit of History
The first Thanksgiving feast come about with the pilgrims first harvest in 1621, consisting of the seasonal food that was available.
The food served was different to today’s Thanksgiving feast.
With one record of the first dinner recording venison being served and some sort of fowl, maybe a turkey?
Cranberries are mentioned (so it must have been Turkey).
The day was not officially declared a Holiday until Abraham Lincoln declared it in 1863
Okay history lesson over, back to the feasting.
The list can go on and on.
However to make all this food that we are thankful for appeal even more
Here are 5 ideas to brighten your Thanksgiving Tablescape.
1) Carry the theme through. From your Thanksgiving dinner invitations to your table accessories. Decide on a theme
2) For a bountiful feel to your Tablescape decorate the table with an abundance of seasonal products.
Seasonal fruits and nuts.
3) Warm the table and create atmosphere with candles lighting up your centre piece.
4) Welcome your Thanksgiving dinner guests and continue your idea with themed
Personal table cards.
5) Impress your Thanksgiving guests with your own personal family wine bottle or drink bottle labels.
An there is just one more ingredient that doesn’t require listing--- Family friends and laughter
Eat Drink and be Thankful.