Do you ever wonder what to write as your Christmas greeting?
If you are like me and you will love a good laugh.
And at this very moment I am listening to the English comedian Mike McIntyre and his take on Christmas. He is so funny.
I am always on the lookout for a funny Christmas card greeting.
Most of us have our stock standard Christmas greeting and words to write in our Christmas and Holiday greeting cards, and I feel that this is Just Fine as the sentiment and the thought are what Christmas and Holiday greetings are all about.
A Bit of History
I found this information from a website called www.whychristmas.com.
First Christmas Card Ever Made
The custom of sending Christmas cards was started in the UK in 1843 by Sir Henry Cole.
Around 1860 Christmas cards became popular as printing methods improved and the price for the cards dropped.
Christmas Cards appeared in the USA in the late 1840s
In 1915, John C. Hall and two of his brothers created Hallmark Cards, who are still one of the biggest card makers today!
The first known 'personalised' Christmas Card was sent in 1891 by Annie Oakley, star of Buffalo Bill’s Wild West show, from Glasgow to her family in the USA.
And of course personalised Christmas Cards are now an essential part of the Christmas and Holiday season.
So here are 5 Christmas Card Greetings, 6 funny Christmas Greetings and 1 'Cheesy' Christmas Greeting, for anyone stuck on for right words.
5 Christmas Card Greetings
1) May the Christmas season fill your home with joy, your heart with love and your life with laughter.
2) To those we love and see each day and other loved ones far away, to all good friends who mean so much and those with whom we’re out of touch… Wishing you every happiness this holiday season and throughout the coming year.
3) The message of Christmas never ends its greatest gifts are family and friends.
4) Wishing you peace love and laughter.
5) Merry everything and a happy always.
6 Funny Christmas Greetings.
( I love a funny greeting)
1) Its all fun and games until Santa checks the naughty list.
2) You had me at ‘Ho’.
3) Marry Pawsmas. (for pet lovers )
4) Hey Santa if I am good at being naughty which list do I go on?
5) Christmas is too sparkly said no one ever!
6) When you stop believing in Santa you get underwear.
And 1 very Cheesy Christmas Greeting.
1) 'If tonight some big fat man kidnaps and throws you in a sack , then please stay calm. Because many people would have asked Santa for a sweet friend like you. Merry Christmas!'
#customchristmascard #chrisetmasgreeting #funnychristmasgreeting #mikemcintyre #holidayseason #cheesychristmasgreeting #5christmascardgreetings #6funnychristmasgreetings #whattowriteinyourchristmascard #zazzlecustomcards